Saturday 2 January 2016

From MilesR - War of 1812 British Landing Party and Native Americans (195 points)

8 More Napoleonic British Naval figures in 28mm scale.  These figures are from Brigade games and are form a British Landing Party.

I did remove the metal base from the figures to make them look better on the "ship-deck" base and I think they came out nicely.  There were a few surgical mishaps and 4 of the fellow are sporting feet made of Greenstuff.

These figures will be used for shop-based Marines and for landing parties in specific scenarios.  I need to order up some more crew for the scenario I'm planning at Historicon.

Next up are 29 Native American infantry figures and one mounted.  These figures are also in 28mm scale and come from the Perry American War of Independence line.  Native American allies played important roles in both the AWI and War of 1812.  One of the figures (second row, second from the left) is meant to represent the Shawnee Chief Tecumseh who was a key British ally and was able to unite multiple tribes to support the British cause.  His death at the Battle of the Thames in Ontario was a huge blow.

I really enjoyed painting these figures up as there is a good deal of creative license.  The skin tone is a 50/50 mix of vallejo medium flesh and Vallejo rust and I think it came out really well.

The Perry figures are a joy to paint - yes I'm a bit of a Perry fan-boy.
A close up of some of the war paint.  These were so much fun to paint up I suspect you'll see another batch before this challenge is done!

Lets see, the tally is 37 infantry figures snd one mounted, which works out to 195 points for this entry.



Great work Miles!  These look brilliant, especially those Native American warriors.
As a suggestion, please provide us some closer shots of your work, or perhaps crop you photos down a bit so the more optically challenged amongst us can enjoy them better. :)
Can you give us a hint on what your Historicon scenario is, or is it meant to be a surprise for the convention attendees?
The Reidy Machine advances relentlessly with another 195 points in the bag. Amazing stuff Miles - Keep up the Steam!

20 comments:

  1. Looking a lot like they mean business Miles. The landing party is especially good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the figures from Brigade Games - they've also got some nice War of 1812 stuff

      Delete
  2. Great stuff! I hope to see them at Historicon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll see just about all of the Napoleonic / War of 1812 stuff I'm doing this Challenge at Historicon next July.

      Delete
  3. Wow, the Miles steamroller rolls on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great job. write me to the club Miles fan-boys ^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice work! I have to get me some of those landing party figures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Drooling. Yes I am drooling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the kind comments. I did push bit hard this last week given vacation and hiding from my visiting Mother-in-Law so I suspect painting productivity will drop of over the next few weeks

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't notice Curt's request for what the Historicon scenario will be so I'll include that in my next submission related to the game. While it's still evolving it will be an "What If?" scenario of an amphibious operation along the Chesapeake Bay (where I live) set in the War of 1812. The details are a bit hazy 'cause I'm being conceptually lazy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great looking figures. I think I like the metal bases cut off better for the figures on deck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice, I specially like the Brits!

    ReplyDelete
  11. More really nice figures, Miles. Thanks for the paint mix information for the skin tone.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice Miles, those Indians are my fav's as well

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excellent work all round! Love those Indians.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice. It's easy to be a Perry fanboy, I've found--never had a bad experience with their figures.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I highly approve of your treatment of my Shawnee cousins! ;) you shoulda jumped on the 1st Nation side duel, grab a war club and run through the woods! ;)

    ReplyDelete