Thursday 18 December 2014

From MarkO - 28mm Napoleonic Austrian Cuirassiers (242 Points)

Hi I'm Mark from New Zealand (blogger name Chasseur) and this is my first time in this Challenge - and my first real entry! A couple of regiments of 28mm Austrian Cuirassiers from Perry Miniatures Napoleonic range. Great figures. I thought about leaving them for next weeks "mounts and riders" theme, but I should have something else lined up for that.


First regiment with red facings. I tend to prefer "swords shouldered" with metal cavalry as it protects the swords better when gaming. For the same reason I replace standards, lances etc with brass or other wire, as with the standard here. 


A couple of shots from the rear. (Back half of the collar should really be white according to most references I have, but I realised this after I had already painted them and decided to leave them for now, as I preferred the look instead of yet more white! I might touch them up later. Heresy I know!)



Blue facings on the second regiment.


One last look at both regiments! (In the background lurks another entry in process!)


So all up I believe this lot is 240 points.

From Curt:
How wonderful, another stonking Napoleonic entry for us today! These two regiments look just fabulous Mark. I really like the punchy colour palette you've used (the sprigs of edelweiss on their helmets are particularly vibrant) and your groundwork sets it all off beautifully. Oh, and
 I'm adding a couple points to your tally for the two regimental standards.
Welcome aboard Mark! I, along with many others I'm sure, look forward to seeing your upcoming efforts during the next few months.  

21 comments:

  1. Superb - just seeing all the heavy calvary has routed my french infantry in the post below!

    It's a great entry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to pop your Challenge cherry Mark. Beautiful figures :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning simply stunning, Sir!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Wow! Wow! More please :)

    Lovely paintwork!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bang! What a cracking first entry Mark! Welcome to the madness mate. If this is anything to go by we're going to enjoy having you involved. Keep it coming please!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blimey! Some excellent stuff here. Welcome aboard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those, sir, are absolutely eye-gougingly horrid. Send them to me immediately for hiding from the public, lest their ugliness drive others mad! Mad, I say!

    AIGF ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant , great to see big cavalry regiment..

    ReplyDelete
  9. They really are lovely, Mark!

    The colours so vibrant. I'm not always a fan of the black-lining style, but you've really mastered it; they look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You sir, have made a grand entrance indeed! Beautiful work and a nice point bomb!

    Welcome aboard!

    ReplyDelete
  11. good job. paint a very bright and juicy

    ReplyDelete
  12. While not a Napoleonic fan in any regard I can clearly see the beuty of these figures.

    Welcome to the asylum.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great work and welcome to the challenge

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow is right! You're off to a great start. Fantastic work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the welcome and lovely comments all, glad to be here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cool! These are beauties - Hapsburg cavalry is one of the finest sights in the hobby!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A fabulous entry - proper Napoleonics!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, fantastic first entry. I look forward to seeing what else you put out.

    ReplyDelete